Integration suggestions

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Hi,

I love this addin. Its what I missed a long time:

now its possible to compare different files with any diff tool that integrated into the context menu from within VisualStudio, like BeyondCompare or ExamDiffPro.

What I would suggest is to integrate this addIn also into:

- the solution explorer
- the TFS Source Control Explorer

Then this would be the perfect addIn !

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Its what I missed a long time

Yeah, it's one of those "I'm sure someone else will write it" extensions.  But after waiting fo so long, I thought that people are just not interested enough in the feature, and decided to learn how to do it myself..

Solution explorer is definitely in the to-do list.  I'd need to do some work to figure out which part of the UI is currently active (code or solution explorer) first.

But before that, I need to figure out why it keeps throwing an exception on random files (consistently, but then magically starts working perfectly when I came back to it a bit later..)

As for TFS explorer, it's not even in my radar currently, as I don't use TFS (well, I do, but through a git-tfs bridge as I'm offline from the TFS server most of the time).  Feel free to contribute! :)

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Big up vote for integration into the right click menu in solution explorer.

Would save a ton of time there (so you don't have to open the file to get at the context menu).

Thanks for the great extension!

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Solution Explorer context menu in v1.1.

Haven't had a chance to test it too extensively, but works well enough for the whole day I was using it. Thought I'd release it anyway and let the public test :)

Nov 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM
CoolX extension worked for me!